I’ve been neglectful, rather, of this lovely lovely blog, but there are good reasons. There always are, aren’t there, when people neglect things. Excuses, excuses and all that. Well, here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Moving to New York City.
- Trying to find a job.
- Failing, miserably.
- Getting into freelance work.
- Don’t ask me what freelance work is, because it’s a ridiculous mishmash of things, most of which involve hustling my butt off to try to find more work.
- Got me a boyf.
- Got me some cats.
- Reconnected with old friends in the city (because that’s what we call NYC here, “the city,” rather like San Franciscans call it “the city” too).
- Got rejected from a bunch of literary places.
- Got accepted to some cool places like McSweeney’s.
- Did NaNoWriMo…
- …and finished the novel I started over a year and a half ago in Oxford.
What does this mean? That hopefully now that I’m not quite noveling, I’ll be back here more often and updating.